Covid has changed a lot of things – the workplace, travel, socializing –
And the clothes we wear.
Things have gotten more casual and that’s a good thing when it comes to dating.
The reality is you don’t have to get dressed up anymore.
Casual dressing is a refreshing change, and it creates a more relaxed and comfortable vibe when meeting someone for the first time.
It also makes you more approachable and will put your date at ease.
Let’s face it, women have more pressure to look good. For men, our bar is much lower – all we have to do is not embarrass ourselves.
Here’s a few tips to look sharp but still keep it casual:
- Wear jeans – the darker the better. And they should fit you right – not bunched up at the bottom and have a snug fit.
- Sneakers are ok – but they shouldn’t be beat up and dirty. In fact, better to go with dress sneakers – black suede looks sharp.
- T-shirts will work – but no logo’s, sayings or writing on them. A simple black or white t-shirt looks good but it should be high-quality and fit tight around your biceps, shoulders and chest. T-shirt companies like True Classic sell better-fitting t-shirts.
When in doubt, keep it simple. Solids are better than patterns. Neutral colors are better than bright ones.
Here are some other pointers:
- Wear a nice watch, particularly one with a metallic band. It gives off a masculine vibe.
- Iron your clothes! Wrinkles make you look like a putz.
- Make sure your stuff fits right. Tapered and fitted, yes. Baggy, no.
- Wanna dress up your casual look? Throw on a sharp leather jacket.
- If you wear cologne, keep it to a minimum.
- No jewelry besides the watch
And here’s the final point – Consider where you’re going – a nicer restaurant? You’ll need a button, long-sleeved shirt. Brunch in the afternoon? You can wear a short-sleeved polo.
You want to be on the same page, clothes-wise, with your date. If you’re not, she’ll feel an immediate disconnect.
How you dress is one of the first things your date will notice about you. If handled right, you can make a great first impression.
The good news is you don’t have to spend a lot of time or money to do it.
The trend now is to keep it simple.
Do that and you’re off to a great start.