With Open AI’s recent release of its ChatGPT product, I figured I would give it a test drive to see what kind of answers it could provide to men on some of the more vexing dating questions.
My first question: Why is it so hard to meet women on dating sites?
- Competition – many more men than women
- Lack of effort – some men don’t put in the time to create an attractive profile or to craft thoughtful messages
- Unrealistic expectations in terms of what they’re looking for, which leads to disappointment and frustration
- Trust issues – women are hesitant to engage with men due to safety concerns or the risk of meeting someone who isn’t who they claim to be
Summation: it’s important to approach dating sites with a realistic and an open mind, and to put in the effort to create a complete and attractive profile and engage in thoughtful conversations with potential matches. It may also be helpful to broaden your search criteria and consider other ways to meet people outside of dating sites.
Not bad right? Nothing earth-shattering here but sound information and some pretty good advice.
Question #2: What are women looking for in a man?
- Confidence – is a sign of strength and assertiveness
- Kindness – is an indicator of empathy and compassion
- Sense of humor – can be a sign of intelligence, wit and a fun-loving personality
- Ambition – shows motivation, drive and desire to achieve success in life
- Emotional Intelligence – the ability to understand and manage one’s own emotions as well as to understand the emotions of others
Summation: these are generalizations, and every woman is different. The most important thing is to be true to yourself and to treat others with respect, kindness and consideration.
That made sense. These were all attributes I believed to be important to women and there’s something validating to see them listed in this way.
Final question: What is the best way to approach a woman?
Approaching a woman can be nerve-wracking, but it doesn’t have to be complicated. Here are some tips:
- Be confident – make sure you approach her with a positive attitude
- Be respectful of her space, boundaries and feelings
- Start with a smile – a smile is a great way to break the ice and shows that you’re friendly and approachable
- Introduce yourself, then ask her name and make small talk about your surroundings or common interests
- Be genuine – women can usually tell when someone is being fake
Summation: there is no one-size fits all. The most important thing is to be yourself and treat her with respect.
This one I really liked. There’s a tendency among men to make this bigger than it is and that just leads to more anxiety. Keeping it simple is the way to go.
ChatGPT is being hailed as a revolutionary breakthrough in Artificial Intelligence and could be the next big technology innovation – right up there with the internet and smart phones.
Personally, I find it both exciting and scary. But I encourage you to check it out.
And see what kind of answers you get to the questions you’ve always pondered.