The Princess Syndrome is a toxic phenomenon that typically infects young girls from well-to-do backgrounds.
But it’s not limited to that demographic.
In fact, elements of Princess Syndrome often stay with women for years, so it’s important to know when you’re dealing with one.
So what makes a woman a princess?
Here’s a rough profile:
- Unrealistically high expectations
- materialistic conduct
- a sense of entitlement
- exploitative behavior
- feelings of superiority
- a lack of regard for society’s rules
You may not be able to identify a princess during the early dating stages. A lot of the qualities above won’t appear until you’re in a relationship with her.
But there are certain telltale signs that surface early on, particularly during the online dating process.
Here are a few:
- Her profile is predominantly negative – identifies the things she doesn’t like, particularly qualities in men
- She never initiates contact – she expects men to come to her
- She responds to texts with short, often one-sentence responses
- She doesn’t take an interest in you – she doesn’t ask questions or make any attempt to get to know you
- She expects to be entertained – evaluates men by their ability to take her out and make her laugh
I have interacted with women like this many times.
They make no effort, which usually results in me making too much effort.
Why do I do this?
They’re usually very attractive.
Unfortunately, they’ve gotten away with this behavior for years.
My pursuit usually doesn’t last long. A week or two of texting – maybe a phone call.
But eventually I get tired of the lack of responsiveness and move on.
Does any of this sound familiar?
Most men have similar stories.
Listen, some guys are willing to put up with the hassle of chasing beauty.
If you’re one of them, you should know that the behavior will continue.
And may get worse.
If you date a princess, you may have a beautiful woman on your arm but you’ll work harder in that relationship than any other.
If you want to date one, or better yet, be in a relationship with one, you better be prepared to service her.
She will expect a lot and give little in return.
And she’ll exhibit that behavior as long as you’re together.